CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Bantam Lake Reply with quote

Only had about an hour to fish so I headed out with my two year old boy. Was targeting pike for the first time. Never hooked one and heard Bantam had many. Headed up to the big cove at the far end of the lake and started fishing right in front of the beach on the far right side. Throwing a 5 inch storm wildeye swimbait and hooked a pike on my third cast. Pike was about 28 inches, but he threw the hook when I was trying to teach my boy how to net a fish. Got a real good look at him and enjoyed watching my son get wet from all the splashing. Only stayed for a few more casts and than headed in. Are there any hot spots for pike on this lake or are they spread out throughout the lake?
bdiggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of areas for them in the lake, but some aren't going to be accessible from shore. If you hooked one on your 3rd cast, i'd say you were doing just fine!
x182dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres that one spot on the south shore that a lot of guys fish from. Theres some good fishing over there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The south shore near the road is a very good spot. Just be prepared to pull your lure through thick lilly pads when they're up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: