CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: NEVER FAILS TO AMAZE ME!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: NEVER FAILS TO AMAZE ME! Reply with quote

took a ride up to pond brook ramp to see how bad it was BEFORE - i headed up with the boat! (LOL) it was near to be a riot! BOATS AND TRAILERS LINED UP and folks going crazy AND a police car!

When i got closer i found out what the problem was! if you have ever been to pond brook you pull in then pull up to the left straight ahead in the loading area and back your boat down the ramp secure the boat and pull out into the PARKING AREA!

2 trucks and trailers decided to launch and then (WTF) they will just pull straight ahead and PARK - leave them there NOT IN THE PARKING LOT (which is large) (IN THE TURN AROUND) blocking any easy access to the loading area - MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE to easily launch or take out boats! (LOL) there were notes on the windshields my guess is they were not wishing those two the best of days! -- and DEEP was called to get a tow truck!

i am staying away from there today!!!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny! I knew it was only a matter of time before a few idiots did that!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUUUP! - oh it was a mess - the trailers had to pull up by the crapper and back hard to the right into the ramp (LOL) ONE AT A TIME! at sunrise!!!

and i wasn't around for when the week-end BOATERS ARRIVED for the last sail of the year! - i have seen all shapes and sizes launched from there even pontoons
and to make matters even worse the ramp looked pretty good NOT as low as i had expected!

you can not make this stuff up ! I HAD TO LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING!!!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We couldn't launch from there last week. I was concerned my 18' Skeet was gonna hit the bank on the other side.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were three cars parked on the ramp at Winchester Lake on Sunday. I hate to say it, but they were all kayakers. Sad Lazy a$$ kayakers. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil! Sorry I didn't get back to you after your last text Sunday! I just hooked up with my first and only fish and the reel popped off the rod. I had the rod under my arm while I reeled the fish in with my hands. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at lilli on sunday. Easy launch and easy parking. Lucky me I missed the madness from saturday. The water is getting low I'd be afraid to launch a bigger bass boat. However my 18ft boat launches no problem just have to back the truck all the way in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they started re-filling Lilly. Zoar is a "MUD PIT" right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: