CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Frogg Toggs Toadz™ Hellbender™ Wading & Fly Jacket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Frogg Toggs Toadz™ Hellbender™ Wading & Fly Jacket Reply with quote

http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather/strong-toadz-sup-trade-sup-strong-hellbender-sup-trade-sup.html

I don't have enough good things to say after a day of fishing in torrential rain in my new Frogg Toggs Hellbender Wading jacket. Gary at CT Outfitters put out a special pre-order, and given my satisfaction with their other products, I jumped on this one. My boat never leaves the dock without the All Sport Rainsuit (http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/all-weather-suits/all-sport-rain-suit.html) stowed away for those unexpected storms, and I liked this so much I have a second set in Realtree camo. In addition, my ToadRage Jacket (http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather/toad-rage-jacket.html)has served me well over the past several seasons. The Hellbender is another product that improves their the Frogg Togg lineup of great products and affordable prices. The Hellbender has everything I would expect in a jacket 2-3x the price. I'm a big guy, and the 2XL was roomy and flexible for a full day of unencumbered casting. It's got loads of pocket space and D-rings to attach essentials. The neoprene and Velcro cuffs keep water out, and after 8 hours of steady rain last Sunday, the interior of the jacket was bone dry. I could zip and button up to my chin without chaffing, and the hood was just the right size. The exterior is the tough ToadSkinz while the interior is the familiar non-woven material from the original rain suits. If you want a wading jacket that offers a ton of bang for the buck, check this one out!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Aroz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the price and was shocked for how well you said it performed out there. I read a couple other reviews from various websites and they are all positive as well. For $80 it seems like a bargain! Thanks for sharing RNA.

Just curious: How thick is it (more like a winter jacket? More like a summer rain jacket? Or more somewhere in between?). How does it do against a pretty stiff wind? Do you feel the air coming through at all?
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aroz wrote:
Just curious: How thick is it (more like a winter jacket? More like a summer rain jacket? Or more somewhere in between?). How does it do against a pretty stiff wind? Do you feel the air coming through at all?

It's a lightweight, breathable jacket. It was 44 degrees, POURING rain with occasional wind and I had on a long sleeve T, a sweatshirt and the jacket. Was comfortable for 8 hours. The outer layer provides good windblocking. No insulating liner or anything, but easy to layer with some thermals and fleece.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Aroz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] It's a lightweight, breathable jacket. It was 44 degrees, POURING rain with occasional wind and I had on a long sleeve T, a sweatshirt and the jacket. Was comfortable for 8 hours. The outer layer provides good windblocking. No insulating liner or anything, but easy to layer with some thermals and fleece.[/quote]

Good to know. Thanks for the info RNA
bdiggy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my FT rain gear. Have the suit that rolls up and fits in a bag. Been using it for 3 years with zero complaints. Lots of cargo pockets on the pants and jacket. Good stuff for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: