CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Commuting to Bridgeport,..where to live?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Commuting to Bridgeport,..where to live? Reply with quote

My son just landed a job with the State IRS in Bridgeport. We know nothing about that area, so I am looking for suggestions about areas that he should look at to live down around there within a reasonable commute? FYI,..he is 23 and single. Any suggestions, opinions or info is really appreciated!
ripline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your son. What kind of commute is acceptable?

Bridgeport itself can be tough though I think it's called Black Rock section is fine. One of my employees is renting a house there.

Neighboring towns....
Shelton and Stratford are close by (good and bad areas) but better than Bpt as a whole. Trumbull is very nice but it all comes down to price range and his comfort zone.

Best of luck to him.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Rock and certain areas of the North End and Brooklawn-St Vincent are the nicer neighborhoods.

Trumbull and Fairfield are higher with real estate prices.

Nice sections in Stratford within reasonable commute include Broadbridge Ave, Nichols Ave, Lordship, and Huntington Rd.

If you need any help with better streets and areas in the Bridgeport area, let me know cause I grew up in Bridgeport and have been all over the area. I also know of bus routes if he'd rather save money on gas.
fish4fun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived in Milford for about 40 years and love it. About 8 to 10 miles up the road on I 95, it's the first town out of Fairfield County, so might be more reasonably priced. Beautiful downtown green, with lots of restaurants and some singles bars,and close to New Haven for more nitelife. All major stores and big mall also in town, so shopping is easy.
I enjoy it more for its outdoors. Lots of public access. Fishing may not be the best, but it's adequate. Tons of shoreline with good access. nice town boat ramp,marinas, and even a stocked trout stream all available locally. Only thing missing is a nice bass lake.
I clam, crab, trout fish, and saltwater fish locally, and with everything else close by, really don't need to leave my little city very often. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: