CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: Any Good Catches this fall?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_fish_therefore_I_am

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Any Good Catches this fall? Reply with quote

Since this amazing section popped up I have noticed its been quite dead. So any good catches this fall yet? Pics? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately not too many people interested in carp fishing. guess its good for us who do target them because its more bank space for us. Its been a slow fall for me personally, though I've seen a few 30's, a few nice koi, a few beautiful mirrors for our section of river, and a couple nice fantails including my 20+ pounder.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinSolak wrote:
unfortunately not too many people interested in carp fishing. guess its good for us who do target them because its more bank space for us. Its been a slow fall for me personally, though I've seen a few 30's, a few nice koi, a few beautiful mirrors for our section of river, and a couple nice fantails including my 20+ pounder.

Ever fish them from a boat, or is it easier with bank setups? I've thought about carrying some corn and my fly rod with the Gulp corn kernels if I see some around while pike fishing this fall. After seeing all of the stuff you, Ethan and Iain have posted, I'm definitely interested in making a more focused effort next season. I've got two decent places within a few minutes of my house as well.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
fishguy81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried three times this year to catch them with no luck but im not giving up. Going to try again this weekend.
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive don't generally do it from a boat, but i know people who do. and they do it pretty much how they would from a bank. anchored up. i personally prefer from a bank. but sometimes a boat just gets you to places you otherwise cant.

your best bet to try it out and have a good chance at stickin fish is in about may. that whole month can be solid fishin til they spawn in late may to early june. and thats when you'll get some seriously fat fish too.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Ever fish them from a boat, or is it easier with bank setups?.

You really need to catch one from a boat, preferably an unanchored boat and optimally a canoe or kayak. They're like tractors; they pull and pull and pull. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried quite a few times this year to land one but have had nooooo luck at all, I just got into it this year though so I didn't plan on doing amazing. lol How late in the year do you usually target them, as in at what point should I give up for the year? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: carp fishing Reply with quote

Sounds like you may need to try a new spot. Keep searching. I've got a good spot that usually gets us 2 or 3 fish. We've caught the skunk a couple times but not much. I mostly fish for carp in the summer, and always from shore.
Geochimica

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught a 10 pounder last weekend and a 7-8 pound this weekend. A few weeks ago was really easy since the carp were actively feeding and bulking up for winter. At the same time they lost their primary food source since the water temperature is in 50s, too cold for algae. This week as temperature drops to 30-40F it's been a little difficult coz the fish aren't that active any more.

I use homemade boilies with corn meal, flour, and soybean powder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: