CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Wrights cove portland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Wrights cove portland Reply with quote

Went to wrights cove in portland with th intent of catching some pike. Being a bass angler I didn't catch any pike or see any but I then switched to a small Mepps inline spinner to try to catch anything. Best decision I've made in a long time I ended cup catching 8 LMBs all about a pound but I was thrilled with the outing.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always gotta break the skunk somehow
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCAJ has good luck with pike in there. Seems like every time he goes he hooks into a few monsters. You have to talk to him about it though
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last and only time I've ever been in Wright's Cove/Pecausett Pond was on 09/11 with NWDarkcloud (aka Bob). We made the run down to Portland from Charter Oak Landing in Hartford. Personally, I don't think it's worth making such a long run to get there. If I were to fish that area, again, I'd pay the $15 to launch from one of the marinas in Portland.

It took so much effort to maneuver the boat in the channel from the river to the cove/pond that we didn't have a chance to fish it at all. At one point, I steered the front of the boat with the trolling motor while Bob steered the back of the boat with the big motor. It was like that scene in the movie Apollo 13, when the two astronauts steered the ship at the same time:

Once we got into the cove/pond itself, we caught some small largemouth bass and Bob got a black crappie or two. I took only one photo of a fish:

I think that the best way to fish there would be from a kayak.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to Wrights Cove in a few months and I always use a kayak to get in there. The last time I was there, I got a pike in the cove on spinner bait and I got another pike in the Ct river along the fallen trees before you go into the cove.

There are some nice size bass in the cove as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: