CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: YOU'RE KIDDING ME.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goggle Eye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: YOU'RE KIDDING ME..... Reply with quote

Hello Connecticut fisherman !!!!

Just arrived for a three year stay - located in North Branford - and have just been advised by a Connecticut native that the fishing up here is GREAT !!!!
I thought the only fishing here would be off shore. I have a house on Toldeo Bend Lake in East Texas and can not say how wonderful it is hear about the fishing here. My wife fishes with me - I have a small boat and motor - 1967 AlumaCraft with a 10 horsepower Evinrude - nothing fancy - but floats. Smile.
I have every Sunday off - and at times - 1/2 of Saturday. Is there any where I could go for the remainder of the year to catch blue gill, perch, sunfish??
Would welcome advice from anyone.

See you on the water.

Personal Regards,
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! As long as the water is ice free, you can find fish. The CT DEEP website has lots of info on the surrounding waters and is a good place to find nearby stuff. The CT River is good right now for yellow perch and crappie, as well as pike and bass. I'll be putting in around Haddam tomorrow to fish pike. Going to be WINDY! The Salmon Cove launch is nice for small boats. Most anything open right now should yield pan fish. Just again, check http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&q=322708 for regulations and to make sure you're fishing an open body of water. Click the Anglers Guide.

Tight Lines,
Brian
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: