CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: 86 Lake Beseck!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: 86 Lake Beseck!!! Reply with quote

Well for those who fish lake beseck in middlefield, the lake has been drained to just a mere puddle to commence the building of a brand new dam. Yuuuup, one of my favorite ice spots is down for the count Sad From what I have read the project is supposed to take no less than a year to complete. Plus it's a natural lake so who knows how long it will take to refill. Birds were picking off fish near the dam left and right: farewell and adieu to you fair spanish lady!
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO FREAKIN WAY! Its gonna take years for that place to get back to normal! This really pisses me off. Did you see any big pike while you were there?
Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Beseck Reply with quote

I didn't see any pike while I was there but a youngster wrestled a pike over 40" while there was still a decent "pool" of water by the dam a few weeks ago. My avatar is a 32" pike I got last year on the lake. Back in 1954 the lake was treated with rotenone to remove all fish. (carp, crappies, largemouth and pickerel) It was then restocked in '55 with largemouth, yellow perch, golden shiners, alewives and white catfish. Fishing wasn't allowed until July of '56. Gotta see what course of action is implemented after the project. Poor people who live on a lake want to SEE a lake, not a mud pit!!!
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the picture of the kids pike in FF3. It was essentially caught in a swimming pool. Would have been nice if DEEP shocked and transferred any larger trophy fish/large breeders before drawing it completely down.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went once last winter and forgot to rig my tip ups with heavy leader. Got about a 2 1/2 pound bass and lost 3 pike that all felt decent sized. I would feel the weight of them and then SNAP! Was just talking with friends two days ago about going back this winter with heavier line......looks like that plans down the drain -_- I met some old timer out there who I thought was a little crazy so when he told me about this massive pike he caught out there on open water I didn't believe it. He whipped out his phone and couldn't believe the pike he showed me. It was MASSIVE!! No offense to you Dave but this guys fish made yours look like bait!

Redneck, I was just thinking the same thing. I hope all those fish didn't just go to the birds :/
Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL bowhunter, no offense taken, Laughing It used to be a well kept secret about the presence of pike in the lake until recent years. They were very well established, so much so I' have noticed a great reduction in yellow perch #'s. DEEP wanted ANY pike caught to be kept (since they were an introduced species). I've caught them bigger and smaller and now I will catch them no more Crying or Very sad Gotta go back to Bantam, Quaddick and the CT river coves for my pike fix from now on.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this really bums me out.
Beseck was a great place for me, not too far of a drive from my neck of the woods, easy on/off ramp, you name it.

I dont know what lake will take its place for me.

Does anyone recommend Black Pond, which I hear is near it?
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say somebody should throw more pike in there when the lake gets refilled Razz

I've fished Black Pond a few times with very minimal luck. More pickeral than bass. Other members on this site have gotten the same results. They do stock it pretty well with trout though. Actually just stocked 25 seeforellen brown trout averaging 12 pounds into there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: