CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Has anyone tried the Jackson Cuda 12?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Has anyone tried the Jackson Cuda 12? Reply with quote

I am thinking about selling my Nucanoe to fund the purchase of a Jackson Cuda 12.

Has anyone tried one and what did you think?

Thanks,
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but 74 pounds and $1,300 without a rudder? In that size and price range, you should also sit in an Old Town Predator MX (82 pounds, $1,200). Remember, although both probably handle fine in the water, there could be big differences in comfort and function. Also, if you plan to use a fish finder, kayaks with a recess for the transducer molded into the hull are really nice.

In any case, I'd just get a Hobie Mirage. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,
I hear you loud and clear.
I have done an asinine amount of research on this, and am still up in the air.

The Old Town MX looks fantastic, and I love the fact they are made in New England. But the weight will definately be an issue. I am getting conflicting reports on how much they weigh but I believe it will be close to 80 lbs before gear.

Then you also have the Wilderness Ride 115x, which looks pretty sweet. But it also seems to be pretty scarce with its accoutrements such as standard rod holders, etc.

Finally, as mentioned, I have been looking at the Jackson Cuda and Kilroy. Both have many accessories that come standard, but I dont like the fact they randomly increased their prices for 2014.

All of these are great yaks,

I know for a fact that I wont be doing much in the way of swiftly moving rivers, so that rules out any yaks designed for fast rivers (Coosa, etc)

I will be taking it to places where you get a good paddle in and catch some nice fish., but not be too tired when you are done.

I love my Nucanoe, but it is not the best for wide open bodies of water, hence me selling it. I have to be able to keep up with speed racers like you on the water!

Any input is appreciated!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
Phil,
I hear you loud and clear.
I have done an asinine amount of research on this, and am still up in the air.

The Old Town MX looks fantastic, and I love the fact they are made in New England. But the weight will definately be an issue. I am getting conflicting reports on how much they weigh but I believe it will be close to 80 lbs before gear.

Then you also have the Wilderness Ride 115x, which looks pretty sweet. But it also seems to be pretty scarce with its accoutrements such as standard rod holders, etc.

Finally, as mentioned, I have been looking at the Jackson Cuda and Kilroy. Both have many accessories that come standard, but I dont like the fact they randomly increased their prices for 2014.

All of these are great yaks,

I know for a fact that I wont be doing much in the way of swiftly moving rivers, so that rules out any yaks designed for fast rivers (Coosa, etc)

I will be taking it to places where you get a good paddle in and catch some nice fish., but not be too tired when you are done.

I love my Nucanoe, but it is not the best for wide open bodies of water, hence me selling it. I have to be able to keep up with speed racers like you on the water!

Any input is appreciated!

You know, Pete, the thing I like the most about my Hurricane Santee 116 Sport is that it weighs only 36 pounds. Laughing Ease of use is definitely important. Getting onto and off of the water shouldn't be a chore. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: