CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing
Viewing Topic: Fly Fishing lakes and ponds from a boat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmhyland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Fly Fishing lakes and ponds from a boat Reply with quote

How many people here enjoy fly fishing from a boat? I really enjoy using my 4wt and tossing a hopper pattern around the weed edges and lilly pads....

I'd love to hear from others especially if they have luck fishing streamers on a sinking line in the spring.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use to love it from my canoe dont realu do much from my current boat to busy wormin for bass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Bass on a fly Reply with quote

Earlier this summer I was tossing a larger Muddler pattern around the pads. The muddler in summer on top water looks just like a hopper. I was having a lot of success. It was a ton of fun.

In the early spring the Crappie move in to the shallows to spawn and I'm thinking of ways to hit them with the flyrod from the boat. I think some streamers would do the trick. I'm looking to see if anyone has done this with any level of success.
CTfly fisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I catch crappie with white, chartreuse, and yellow streamers from my kayak dring the spawn. It is a blast!
FlyManJack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great way to parts of pond/lake which you can't normally by any other means. I enjoy tossing poppers for bass around weed beds from my semi-v rowboat.

this was from this weekend. Smile

PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often seen guys fly fishing for stripers from boats on the lower Housatonic River.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: