CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: Sharing a few fall time carp fishing photos!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carpfishin860

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Sharing a few fall time carp fishing photos! Reply with quote

Its been a while since ive put a post up on the forums so I decided to share a few fall time carp photots from this year. Most of the carp fishing myself and my carp fishing buddies do is on the Connecticut river and all of it is CATCH AND RELEASE!. Some of these carp especially the larger ones can be 20-40+ years old and deserve a little respect. These fish can put up a tremendous fight and can be a challenge to catch. If done right the CT river can prove to be a very productive water to carp fish with the largest possible carp weighing in at more than likely 60+ lbs. Although its unlikely to come across a carp of this size you just never know, the potential is there. Here we go with a few pictures!

These are a just a few of the many beautiful carp caught this fall by myself and buddies. With ice outs around the corner this winter could be a great opportunity to do some research on carp fishing. If your new to the idea of carp fishing and would like a couple things to look into this winter research the "hair rig", also check out carp fishing videos on youtube. "korda thinking tackle" has great videos on youtube that you can watch and get a look into the world of carp fishing and carp care for when you find yourself with your first monster carp on the bank! ALSO check out a video put together by Ethan K, Justin Solak and myself of our spring carp fishing adventures! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hia1k6M1vYs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUUrrRf1eOLV2GRLWi5KP4vg
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome catches! That first one must have given you a fight!
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the dedication you, Justin, Ethan, Ian and a few of your other friends have to your carp fishing! You guys posted some great stuff on Facebook from your fall carp week. Can't believe that was a slow week. I might have to give this a committed go next year. It's completely different from all of the other stuff I fish. I'll be looking for you out on the river in the spring. If you see the Gemma Rose II (Triumph Skiff), give me a shout.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Carpfishin860

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man! That week was def slow but I think it had to do more with the conditions of the area of the river we were fishing than anything else. A carpet of 2-3 foot tall eel grass covering basically the entire area we were fishing which wasn't fun and also the weed dying off and floating down river made it hard to keep a line in the water for a long period of time as you would cast straight out but build up of weeds would have your line shooting down river within 20 minutes in most cases. We were able to get around it somewhat and bank over 1,000 lbs of carp on the week but had we been able to spend a entire week there in the spring before the weeds became a problem I think we would have easily gone over 2,000 lbs probably closer to 3,000 lbs. If you sign up for the ct outfitters mailing list youll be notified of the spring carp seminar which usually takes place sometime in april and would be a good opportunity to come down and meet a bunch of the guys and maybe get a couple helpful tips if you haven't been to one already!
I_fish_therefore_I_am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some serious carp help come spring so I will definitely keep and eye out at CT outfitters. I went to a carp seminar there last year but I just cant seem to pull off catching one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late post. Just seen this:

Still cant get over the size of this fantail Very Happy

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes the tail and fins of the carp in the third pic different from your basic common carp?
Carpfishin860

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael it is believed that they are hybrids between common carp and butterfly koi.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just Googled images for butterfly koi and never knew those are the fish I see swimming around at my ice out pond and sometimes at upper parts of Beardsley Park.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: