CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Tyler Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyorice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Tyler Lake Reply with quote

Went to Tyler today. No rush due to alcohol consumption hours earlier, so I got there about 9. 12-15 guys fishing, all within 200-300 yards from boat launch. Solid black ice, 3-5" in area, but I was told it got thinner as you went out.
So, if you are a trout fisherman, you couldn't get to the deeps and benefit from the thermocline**. But it was active, and had about 30 flags and 12 fish(several pickerel, a perch, and a few bass(including a couple 2+ pounders). Overall, it was a great 5 hours spent on day 1 of 2014.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear a report about Tyler
barrackuda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Conditions and the forcast Reply with quote

The weather looks great for making hard water.The snow in the twelve inch area in the Litchfield hills will meet with strong wind pushing the snow to the perimeter of the respective lakes.Drifts when you get on the lakes,then thin on the lake.HOPEFULLY
Also lakes that are still closing will solidify with this cold snow.
Watch the wet spots .Plan on scouting after I clean up the snow ,probably Saturday after ache and pain snow mess.I will report.
Give it a chance I'm jones'n too.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Conditions and the forcast Reply with quote

Is thinking i will be out there sat....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: