CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: WTMA 12/31
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: WTMA 12/31 Reply with quote

Tuesday's forecast seemed to be reasonable to get out on my bike and do some fishing. Decided to hit the Mill River WTMA with my 5 footer.

The lure I stuck with until getting it snagged was a size 0 Mepps Dressed Aglia. I made sure I clipped 2 of the hooks and crushed the barb on the remaining hook.

Started down in the Aspetuck Land Trust area with no luck before heading upstream towards the second bridge on South Park Ave.

Hit a number of spots that looked fishable but came to notice that deeper areas with underwater current had better action. One spot is where I caught a 12" brookie and a healthy, energetic 14" brown. The brown gave me a nice fight and felt just under a pound, making it the biggest native trout I've caught. Had a few followers and 1 other hit in a few areas.

Eventually got the Mepps snagged on a small bush so I switched over to a brook trout X-Rap XR-4 by putting a small single hook on the rear and removing the front treble. Got 1 aggressive hit on it.

Eventually hit the road just after sunset.
klmt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns aren't native.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: