CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Fall Steelies Video Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Fall Steelies Video Reply with quote

Hey guys, didn't quite know where to post this, so the trout section seemed most fitting. Sorry i haven't posted in a long long while, but there's been a lot goin on in my life. For one, i moved, and there's a lot that goes with that to keep me busy for the time being. Also, i got a new computer strictly for video/photo editing, and in my free time between household things and wetting a line when i can, i've been sitting at the computer here and there learning the programs and sorting out old footage. I did, however, come across some of my new york steelhead footage. So i took what i had, as well as some photos from the trip, and used it to experiment with chopping, transitions, text, music, etc. BUT, i did manage an interesting video in the end and uploaded it. If anyone cares to check it out. It's 11mins long.

Link

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did the troll across the street come and yell at anyone while you were fishing town pool?
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome captioning!

I love seeing how acrobatic and aggressive those steelies are. Reminds me of some of their relatives I've caught in local rivers.

Also love seeing the boy handling those big ones on his own!
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
So did the troll across the street come and yell at anyone while you were fishing town pool?

Lol no but she usually doesnt bother us on the other side of the river. We pissed her off one year. My buddy kinda stole one of her "clients"

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinSolak wrote:
bowhunter095 wrote:

Lol no but she usually doesnt bother us on the other side of the river. We pissed her off one year. My buddy kinda stole one of her "clients"

LOL.....Plus, you were probably wading in the water which is state property not her backyard. Gotta defend yourself.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a local up there and he told me not to go in and support her fly shop because she is such a witch. This fall she actually took it upon herself to walk across the bridge to the other side of the river and yell at someone for casting onto 'her side'. Mind you she had no clients even fishing from her place. When all was said and done she got her butt beat by another girl when she got in her face and shoved her. It was all caught on tape and posted on youtube for the world to see Razz
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael- nobody even fishes in back of her fly shop anymore because she'll come out and flip. She thinks she owns it and only her guests are allowed back their.
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we walk from behind buttons shop on the other side of the road to under the bridge and fish right on the edge of her "property". I think new york state law states that she owns X amount of property into the water. Its the same on the other side of the river if you head far enough down stream. Cant pass through his "property" even while fighting a fish even in the water... Not the same as CT

bowhunter095

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I've heard too but it seems so unfair. Somebody should take a drift boat and just sit right over her property. Don't drop and anchor, just paddle in once place Twisted Evil
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Michael- nobody even fishes in back of her fly shop anymore because she'll come out and flip. She thinks she owns it and only her guests are allowed back their.

Laughing Woman's batshit crazy, but she does own the river bed halfway across. Always provides some entertainment on a busy day. Great video Justin. I've never actually fished in town, but mostly from the 2a area on up to Altmar. Hopefully back up weekend after this coming one if the weather and water levels cooperate. Lots of flooding the last few days.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished town pool once and hated it. Too many crazy local fisherman. I mostly fish the fly zone up in Altmar across from Melinda's. She used to let us stay up on top of the fly shop for 20 dollars per night up until 2 or 3 years ago when she stopped. I miss it because all we had to do was wake up and walk across the street Sad
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which place is that? Has the little diner and bait shop below? If it is, we know them guys. Knew Nancy too before she sold it. Great little place. They redid it all. Idk if you seen it lately

bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you google Melinda's Fly and Tackle Shop, Altmar NY you will find it. I just googled it and it says it's closed permanently. I'll have to find out if this is true or not. But I don't think you're talking about the same place as I am.
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah now that i look at it i dont think it is. we stayed at the place right across the street from the bar, idk what its called now. but its gotta nice tackle shop, lodging, and a little diner with great food, excellent prime rib, and yuengling on tap. not to mention they clean fish, used to smoke fish, but not entirely sure if they still do, and if i'm not mistaken, think they even guide. great buncha people over there. next time you go up, try to stop in and say hello and sign a dollar to put up on the wall. look for team bubblegum Laughing

Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinSolak wrote:
nah now that i look at it i dont think it is. we stayed at the place right across the street from the bar, idk what its called now. but its gotta nice tackle shop, lodging, and a little diner with great food, excellent prime rib, and yuengling on tap. not to mention they clean fish, used to smoke fish, but not entirely sure if they still do, and if i'm not mistaken, think they even guide. great buncha people over there. next time you go up, try to stop in and say hello and sign a dollar to put up on the wall. look for team bubblegum Laughing

Always the first stop for food and a few beers after a day on the river. A young guy named Chris bought it last season. Good guy. Always has a Yuengling ready and waiting!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: