CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Mattabesset River 3/9/13 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kilroy, why don't you stop being the asshole. Jimbo caught one damn fish that wasn't even stocked. Why don't you try worrying about the real problem. The freakin people who work at the starlight diner who come out, catch a fish, and run it back into the diner before anybody even knows what happened! You are wayyyy out of line "buddy". Stop picking on a guy who should be the least of your worries!
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally in favor of obeying the rules but come on! If you looked at the date of the post it was before the rivers in town were even stocked! Plus the area that he was fishing didn't even get stocked at all this year. I'm so sick of people like you in this town. Always seem to be blinded by the real problem and go after the people who don't need to be bothered!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first post, Kilroy. Shocked You joined just to call other members names? Rolling Eyes

In any case, Kilroy is right that the Mattabesset River above (i.e., upriver from) the Route 372 bridge is closed from March 1 to 6:00 am on the third Saturday in April each year:
Quote:
26-112-44. Closed seasons
(a) Streams. The closed season for fishing in streams shall be from midnight on the last day in February through 6:00 a.m. on the third Saturday in April, except as provided below:

(1) Streams open to fishing throughout the year. There shall be no closed season for fishing in the following streams, or portions thereof, as specified:

(E) Mattabasset River (Sebethe River), Middletown – downstream from the Route 372 bridge to its junction with the Connecticut River.

Kilroy is also right that you should obey the rules, although I think that the "don't be an asshole" thing is a matter of perspective. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
I am totally in favor of obeying the rules but come on! If you looked at the date of the post it was before the rivers in town were even stocked! Plus the area that he was fishing didn't even get stocked at all this year. I'm so sick of people like you in this town. Always seem to be blinded by the real problem and go after the people who don't need to be bothered!
'

I don't recall the date, but stocking begins in the first week of March. And the post office is DEFINATELY one of our spots...and even if it weren't..fish swim. You're right about the people at the diner..and the authorities are aware. I'm so sick about people like YOU around town who disregard the regulations and ruin if for the law abiding anglers. The river doesn't get that many fish, so there aren't a lot to go around. Every year or so, the Mattabesset and Belcher are on lists to be cut from the stocking schedule, and there are only a few anglers surveyed each year that fish on them....ALL of which report poaching and few fish in easily accessed/stocked fishing areas shortly after stocking...which means that people are fishing before the season and probably going over the creel limit. I'm sick of bringing my cousins fishing after their sports games in the area and not catching fish that I KNOW I just recently put there. Like I said, I'm done talking to people and "educating" all of the idiots I find breaking the rules. I don't like to see people get pinched, but I'm reporting the bad apples now...and I think it's helping. If it doesn't stop, they wont be stocked anymore...it's up in the air now whether or not fish will be allocated for those waters next season...just appreciate what's available to you and don't abuse the resource...and don't be an asshole. Laughing
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says I'm abusing the resource?!?!?! If you're trying to fix the issue then your totally nagging at the wrong person. Want to know why? Because out of the thousands of fish that have been stocked into the Berlin streams over the past 14 years since I started fishing, I will admit to catching a hand full of natives and 1 stockie out of season. Out of those few fish, I took the 1 stockie home when I was around 10 years old because it was gut hooked and bleeding.

So I suggest you end your nagging unless you believe that the one fish I kept many years ago, is still effecting the amount of trout left in the stream for opening day today.

Go nag the people at the diner who take multiple fish DAILY before the season starts.
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you listen to me jerkface. I aint your buddy, and I'll do what i damned well please. For the record, I don't wait until the stream gets stocked to then go and catch the fish pre-season. I fish for the holdovers and I don't give a damn about the rules in regards to the that stretch of river because it is a dump. Bunch of yahoos go there on opening day and take all the gross half dead fish home for dinner. The one or two that tuff it out are MY damned fish. MINE. Look for my big Muck Boot prints. BTW, out of season Berlin Trout make the BEST crabbing bait. Don't tell anyone though. Captain America will come and get you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only stretch of river worth stocking is the fast moving stretch 1/2 a mile on either side of the turnpike. the deep chose to not even stock it this past year. it makes no sense that they would stock stretches of river that can't support trout until the next season or even until opening day as was the case this year when they were just washing up dead, but not stock the one stretch that actually does support 3 trout. i know and care more about the trout in this town than you ever will so piss off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbojonez wrote:
you listen to me jerkface. I aint your buddy, and I'll do what i damned well please. For the record, I don't wait until the stream gets stocked to then go and catch the fish pre-season. I fish for the holdovers and I don't give a damn about the rules in regards to the that stretch of river because it is a dump. Bunch of yahoos go there on opening day and take all the gross half dead fish home for dinner. The one or two that tuff it out are MY damned fish. MINE. Look for my big Muck Boot prints. BTW, out of season Berlin Trout make the BEST crabbing bait. Don't tell anyone though. Captain America will come and get you.

Muck Boots...ahhh.. I see... That's funny. Little red pickup, right?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look it guys, all this negative banter and name calling does no one any good !
Just follow the rules !

OR

PLEASE, take and use the following medical remedy !

OR

elm city matt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilroy wrote:
jimbojonez wrote:

Muck Boots...ahhh.. I see... That's funny. Little red pickup, right?

Really? 6 months for a comeback just get over it seriously!
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabin fever I guess. No, Columbo, I don't drive a red truck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Life in the forum! Thought the cold shut it down for a moment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: