CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: TMA 3/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: TMA 3/1 Reply with quote

Saturday afternoon I hit the Mill River TMA. Arrived at the parking lot just before 3pm and headed straight for the honeyhole.

When I got to the honeyhole I noticed thin ice had formed with all the cold weather we've been getting. There was 1 area of open water that is usually a good spot. Tried throwing a few Husky Jerks and a brown trout Flat Rap FLR-6 but had no luck.

Saw 2 young men fishing there too with 2 throwing salmon eggs but they had no luck either.

Later 2 fishermen came as I was leaving the honeyhole. Both threw nightcrawlers and later found out that they hit a few native brookies around 10".

I went farther downstream where I stuck with the Husky Jerks and also tried bottom bouncing a 1/8 ounce marabou but had no luck.

Casted with a glass minnow HJ-8 in deeper open water on the Lake Mohegan side of where the Mill River feeds in but never saw anything.

Hit the road just after 5pm.

1 or 2 more weeks and I'll be there!!!
madkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal,
good to hear you keep on tryin
when i fish the TMA up this way i use shiners on a minnow rig. crimp the barbs which is mandatory anyway,if there are any browns in the water will hit that. i can usually manage to land a few on each trip. i fish em kinda like a lure twitching them a little or reeling them nice and slow across current
Duty's invisible minnow rigs
http://www.invisibleminnowrig.net/news.html

Rich

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madkey wrote:
Micheal,
good to hear you keep on tryin
when i fish the TMA up this way i use shiners on a minnow rig. crimp the barbs which is mandatory anyway,if there are any browns in the water will hit that. i can usually manage to land a few on each trip. i fish em kinda like a lure twitching them a little or reeling them nice and slow across current
Duty's invisible minnow rigs
http://www.invisibleminnowrig.net/news.html

Rich

Shiners are the way to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: