CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Golf Course Fishing Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHfisherman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Golf Course Fishing Questions Reply with quote

I've been reading reports on here and it seems like a lot of people have good luck catching bass at golf courses. I just wanted to ask which golf course ponds have fish in them and if they are always legal to fish in. Thanks for any help and tight lines!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ponds you have to look for are ponds with enough depth that would hold largemouths and other fish. 2 other things to look for in the ponds are weeds and flow. 1 of the ponds at the golf course I used to fish hardly held anything because it was very shallow even though it had flow.

If you want to try and get access to a golf course near you, what I'd do first is search on Google Maps to see what the layout of the golf course is like and if there's any way you can somehow park your car and easily walk over to the golf course instead of parking in the main parking lot near the club house.
RHfisherman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I know that Hunters Golf Course in Meriden has some nice fish but I'm not sure which pond. There are 6 ponds throughout the course and I have no idea which one or ones hold fish.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need permission to fish the ponds on any private golf course.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHfisherman wrote:
Ok I know that Hunters Golf Course in Meriden has some nice fish but I'm not sure which pond. There are 6 ponds throughout the course and I have no idea which one or ones hold fish.

Sorry, but I can't help you on that one. You'd have to explore.
Mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to get to the Hunter ponds without parking in the main lot and walking by the clubhouse. I play Hunter and would not recommend fishing out do to lay out of holes and ponds. And if I was gonna fishing it I'd ask permission.

Mac
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac brought up a good point. Layout of the golf course is another thing, because you might easily be in the path of a ball depending on the size of the fairways and location of the ponds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: