CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River Striper Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grovage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: CT River Striper Fishing Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I have been fishing the CT river for stripers in the spring for a while now, but only from shore. I have been really successful sinking blood worms on a high low rig, as I usually catch fish every time I go out.

This year I bought a 16 foot bass tracker and I was really hoping someone could give me the 411 on techniques, lures, and fishing methods for catching stripers from a boat.

I'm looking forward to the responses as I know there are a lot of guys here who do fish the rivers in the spring time for striper. Any best practices you can recommend would go a long way.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will see a lot of guys chunking, particularly from Rocky Hill up north towards Hartford. Drifting live eels at night is also extremely successful around the bridges and a few other locations. My favorite is the topwater bite with pearl Sluggos or bone Hogys unweighted, or big plugs. You will be able to find fish from the mouth up north of Hartford. Half the time, my biggest decision is whether to fish up or down the river.

A few of the lures I carry:
Sluggos/Hogy in pearl or other white type of belly
Swimbaits like the plastic Storm Shad
Danny type plugs (poppers and metal lips)
stick baits like Daiwa SP Minnow, Yozuri Crystal or Storm etc.
Big swimbaits

I'm sure many others will chime in. You can't miss my boat, it's a Triumph Skiff with Gemma Rose II on the side. Give me a shout if you see me out, or send me a pm if your headed out.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: