CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: No Stockies but Beat the Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: No Stockies but Beat the Skunk Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I headed out to the Mill River TMA expecting it to be stocked by now. Last year around this time is when the state did their early spring TMA stocking. Arrived just before 2:30pm and fishing the honeyhole for about 3 hours.

A fly fisherman was there when I arrived and said he wasn't into anything and saw no signs of freshly stocked trout.

About a half hour later is when holdover browns started to get active. I was tossing the traditional trout balsa, brown trout Flat Rap FLR-6. Did a retrieve where I'd cast enough to quickly get the lure deep enough and then give it 2 to 5 jerks before a short pause as the lure slowly rises. That got a slender 15" holdover brown to hit it and landed it.

Later the fly fisherman left and 2 browns started getting active on the surface. No matter what I threw they wouldn't hit. The only lure 1 looked at before turning away was a 1" soft plastic crayfish on a South Bend floating jighead.

Later is when a brown came over to where another was hanging out feeding on insects. That's when I started seeing the 2 of them chasing each other around and splashing on the surface. Wasn't sure if it was signs of a spring spawning or if the one that was feeding wanted to have the area all to him or her self. Saw that same brown come back to the same feeding ground about 10 minutes later.

Hit the road just before 6:30pm
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics, didnt happen!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
No pics, didnt happen!

Like I believe your fishing stories? Laughing
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got pics or people to back mine up!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Ive got pics or people to back mine up!

Start posting all those pics immediately and have your people to back you up give me a call to tell me the stories Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: