CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: They're Waking Up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: They're Waking Up Reply with quote

Hit Mondo Pond Tuesday from 3:45pm til 6:45pm. Saw the main pond was just about totally open water and covered many areas.

Stuck with a shad Husky Jerk HJ-8 as I moved around but didn't get into anything.

Once I came to a spot over by the smaller pond, I headed over to the smaller pond to see what it looked like. Saw half of the pond was now open and even saw a few pickerel hanging out just beneath the surface in small coves where there was structure. I'd also occasionally see a big swirl if I'd step near shoreline weeds.

Tried throwing the HJ-8 for a while before switching over to a bone Rebel Teeny Pop R to see if the pickerel in the shallows would wake up to the popping sound. Never got into anything so I went back to the main pond to cover more water.

2 spots eventually produced a 14" pickerel and a 16" 1 pound 3 ounce pickerel both on the HJ-8. They hit it on the pause as I was doing a traditional 2 to 5 jerks retrieve before pausing. The 16"er was pulling strong for its size.

Eventually hit the road seeing it was getting late and never got into anything else.

Looks like once we get this warmer weather and water temps keep warming up, the pickerel will be getting much more active.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: