CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Modifications to your yak for the upcoming season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Modifications to your yak for the upcoming season Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone is adding anything or modifying anything to their vessel of choice?

After having yaked several large bodies of water I decided to sell the Nucanoe and purchase something a little bit better for open water
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently added 3 rod holders, a seat cushion and a waybto hold a net while on the water
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a rod holder, anchor trolley system, net holder, soon to be fish finder mount, and I may somehow make a little container thing in front of my seat to hold commonly used items like camera, pliers, grippers etc so they're not between my legs the whole time and I'll have more paddling space.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm set up nicely right now but I would like a seat pad. -Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased an ocean kayak to be my primary fishing rig for both salt and fresh water. Its a sit on top and I have added two flush rod holders behind the seat, a scotty mount front and center with a three rod holder attachment to hold my humminbird fish finder and scotty rod holder. With the scotty I can change it any way I want to, if i want i can just have the holder or FF or both. Besides that I installed a front hatch for storage and modified a milk crate for extra storage behind me and added an anchor trolley. All I have to do is make some leashes to secure my gear and then head out when it is a bit warmer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out www.yakattack.us really good website with cheap prices. Just spent $240 on gear for my kayak. New transducer with an over the side mount, another rod holder with mount, a nice net perfect for kayaks, some hardware for the mounts. All I need now is the patience to wait til opening day and catch some good fish.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That side arm transducer mount and the track system are just what I'm looking for. Thanks for passing that link along!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVec80X wrote:
That side arm transducer mount and the track system are just what I'm looking for. Thanks for passing that link along!
I bought it too, perfect for yaks. This place had the most convenient items and I could definitely spend a lot more money hahaha.I got two day shipping so I'll rig it up maybe Friday and post a pic of it to show my setup. Then I may try housatonic Sunday for stipers which will be my fish open water trip of the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: