CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic River - Shelton 04/01
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Housatonic River - Shelton 04/01 Reply with quote

The permits for the Sunnyside Boat Launch Facility in Shelton run from April 1 to March 31, so I needed to get a new one. NWDarkcloud (aka Bob) and I headed down to City Hall to get it:

Of course, we had to try it out after I stuck it onto my boat trailer, right? Wink Just to make sure it worked. Laughing I also had to test out a new side imaging transducer that I installed on my transom after the old one was destroyed by an ice floe in Wethersfield Cove last month. We got on the water at 8:30 am. We took a quick look at the section of the river just off of the ramp, but didn't see any fish on the finder. So, we headed downriver to Pine Rock Park. Along the way, I discovered that I mounted the new transducer just a tiny bit too low:

The roostertail makes my boat look like it's going really fast, doesn't it? Laughing It does, however, give me a good sonar picture, even at full speed. Very Happy We found small schools of little holdover stripers in the cove at Pine Rock Park. At 9:04 am, I got one of the finicky little dinkers to bite:

We caught only one or two fish here and there until 2:00 pm, when we decided to check out the cove at Two Mile Island. We found that there was a decent-sized school in the cove and caught a few. The school grew larger and larger until we had to leave at 4:00 pm. Although we were on fish almost all day, we managed to boat only 23 of the finicky little dinkers. It was encouraging, however, that the schools appeared to be moving back upriver. Now, if we could only find some bigger fish. . . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really FAST!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: