CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassLikeMe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Kayak fishing Reply with quote

Ive been kayaking fishing for 3 weeks now only on sundays. Ive been getting skunk at every pond/lake I've been too. Any one getting the same results or its jus me? I use almost every tackle i have, senkos, jigs, swim baits, and nutting even tap it. PLEASE HELLLLLPPPP
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat...no pun intended. Fished in the yak 3 days last week...Babcock Pond, Dooley Pond and Mattasabbett...nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Bass fishing can be tough in the early spring, especially this year as the ice just melted a week or two ago. Shallower lakes and ponds will warm up sooner and be your best shot. Use lighter lines, smaller baits and a slower retrieve this time of the year and you will get more results.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a kayak, try slowly trolling. You could cover a lot of water that way. A small Rapala, like an SSR-5, SR-5, JSR-5 or Scatter Rap would probably work well. Don't be afraid to try fishing the shallows, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck..I have been the last two weekends at silver reeling a rattletrap as fast as I could
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size and retrieve is a big factor right now, other than color.

Throw something small no bigger than 3" long. Slow steady retrieve and jerk and pause techniques are what are more common this time of year.

Soft plastics no bigger than 4" and small jigs are good to work slowly on the bottom where it's not too weedy.
nories

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents..water is still chilly unless your fishing a farm pond..structure is a main key..say 4 to 10 ft..look for rocky banks.clay banks.will produce heat from sun.points with a quick transition..deep weed edges..depending on brightness of days things will change..remember fish don't have eyelids and can't close there eyes..bright sunny days.they will hunker down to structure..cloudy or rainy days they will roam..even though I see them cruising on bright days..I don't know..lol..I use a 4 inch jerk bait..anywhere anytime..with luck..can't go wrong with a jig..better yet slow roll a grub!!!!
EdsBar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVec80X wrote:
I'm in the same boat...no pun intended. Fished in the yak 3 days last week...Babcock Pond, Dooley Pond and Mattasabbett...nothing.

Hey how was Babcock? I drove by it Saturday. There people out...I hit the little one up next to it, and caught a pickerel. I'm also curious about Dooley...it was low last year and cloudy so I'm skeptical.

"I'll probably be out fishing when my ship comes in"
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water level at Babcock was fine and very clear, but I didn't catch anything. Babcock was cloudy, but the water level was fine. They had a damn breach a few weeks ago with the torrential rains, who knows what today's downpours will bring...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try shiners
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: