CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Stop and shop pond Berlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Stop and shop pond Berlin Reply with quote

Finally the wait is over and I found some open water. Arrived at the pond about 11:30 am it was very windy w/ mostly cloudy skies. I started throwing a bumble bee Mepps 1/8 oz inline spinner bait. No bites so I threw a jig for a little while at some brush and weed lines still no action. I then tied on a deep diving husky jerk with no luck. Then I put on a 4" Gary Yamamoto twin tail green pumpkin skirted grub and made a pitch under the dock and a subtle tap later I landed my first bass of 2014 a 1.5 lb largemouth with bright red lips and fins. I kept fishing with the grub and landed 1 more bass close to 2 lbs. I left shortly after landing the last fish at about 1:30. Does anyone know what makes bass have red lips in early spring?
EdsBar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know there were fish in there! I thought that was just run off....

"I'll probably be out fishing when my ship comes in"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: