CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Quaddick Lake, Thompson 4/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therieldeal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Quaddick Lake, Thompson 4/12 Reply with quote

Hit quaddick lake on Saturday early afternoon from my kayak. Fished the north end where it's very shallow and there are no houses. The weeds have yet to grow in, which makes it tough to fish later on in the year.

I caught a few small LMB and probably close to 10 very aggressive chain pickerel. Those big pickerel are a lot of fun but i'm still hoping for a northern pike one of these days...

I fished a wacky rigged zoom finesse worm with a circle hook. 10 lb mono leader, 15lb (or is it 20lb?) braid on a 2500 shimano spinning reel, my go-to setup for everything from lmb to schoolie stripers Smile

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickerel are very aggressive and fun for their size.

Chain Pickerel are known to be the most aggressive and hardest fighting member of the pike family here in North America pound for pound. They are more acrobatic than their larger relatives, where pike and muskie will occasionally jump but splash on the surface like a striper more often and pickerel jump like crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: