CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Any bass anywhere
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Any bass anywhere Reply with quote

Is anyone catching bass anywhere. Also for those with the ability to know what are the water temps out there I've been out about 5 times but no bites and nothing in the boat
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake Zoar was 38/40 degrees today. All the bays were still iced over. That's with the heavy water flows we've experienced.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything over my way is still raging from the rains. Salmon River (cove) is way over it's banks, Wright's Cove is flooded a solid 5-6 feet and accessing Chapman's is out of the question with the river moving so fast.

Moodus Reservoir is ice free and fishable, but the water is still 38º.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Caught one at Dooley Pond 4/2 Reply with quote

Went to Dooley Pond on 4/2/14 from 12:30 to 3:00 with my friend. He used T-rigged 4 inch senkos the whole time and got one soft bite shallow.

I used suspending jerkbaits and T-rigged worms with no success. I'm gonna try some other spots this weekend. It should be nice, except for the wind.

Last edited by Sorts on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Caught one at Dooley Pond 4/2 Reply with quote

ok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Catching bass Reply with quote

Caught 7 largemouth yesterday at a lake in Danbury all on crankbaits and senkos
keith3397

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Catching bass Reply with quote

Went out today and caught my first two larry's of the year on a rod and real. First fish was 5.11 and the second one was less then a pound. the fish were located in the northern portions of the pond and were hitting super flukes with black flake and a blue tint. They surprisingly were in about 1 to 3 feet of water.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Lake in Berlin produced quite well for a few on Sunday with a 5+ as the lunker. This lake is excellent for Kayakers and small boats. Quality fish. Lipless and Crank Baits produced along with really small grubs. I unfortunately used Jerk baits and Jigs and didn't fare as well as my partner who caught four.

The water temps reached 45degs by noon and most of the fish were caught surprisingly in 3/4' of water. There is plenty of shore access around the lake.

Appears to be an awesome Top Water lake in warmer weather. Very large shallow flats every where. I scanned the whole lake.

I would recommend a 7' / 7'6" rod Med Fast to get some distance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight Wanna Fish, i went there twice and only managed channel cats. Im armed this year with a 12' jon boat and garmin 200 for that place Smile
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee_Boog wrote:
Thanks for the insight Wanna Fish, i went there twice and only managed channel cats. Im armed this year with a 12' jon boat and garmin 200 for that place Smile

That water is so shallow and will probably get shallower as summer progresses I don't think fish finders will work other than to map the depths. That's about all my 798 was good for Sunday. And watch out for the dredging pipe that runs the entire length of the lake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Catching? Reply with quote

I've been catching. I'm using a Tinylite rod 4'6" with 4 lb test and a 1/8 oz Panther Martin purple/white inline spinner. Slow steady retrieve. All fish came from up close/hugging the shore in less than a foot and a half of water where the sun was beating down on. Just some info I hope may help you. I managed 7 fish. 5 largies the best was 12.5 inches,1 pickerel, and a nice 11inch crappie. Felt great on ultralight. Good luck.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moodus Res is alive with action. 2.8 lb LMB on Sunday and this 1.4 lb LMB yesterday, both in 8-12" of water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: