CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson, Open all year round per 2014 anglers guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Batterson, Open all year round per 2014 anglers guide Reply with quote

I searched on here to see if this was discussed but couldn't find anything.
According to the 2014 DEEP Anglers Guide, Batterson will be open year round

BATTERSON PARK POND,
Farmington (140 acres)

SL

walleye lake/ catfish lake
Channel catfish first stocked in 2013.

Species: (CB YP WP S LMB WA)
Season: Open 6:00 a.m. 3rd Saturday April–October 31.

Change expected in 2014 (see Inland Regulations & Definitions): Season: Open year-round (no closed season).

Other: Use of internal combustion engines prohibited.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to let my secret out didn't you? Sad
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhh!!!! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now watch the first ice fishing season will wipe out the walleye population. Rolling Eyes

Congrats on an "almost good idea". Shocked

John.
bruce2069

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Batterson, Open all year round per 2014 anglers guide Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
I searched on here to see if this was discussed but couldn't find anything.
According to the 2014 DEEP Anglers Guide, Batterson will be open year round

BATTERSON PARK POND,
Farmington (140 acres)

SL

walleye lake/ catfish lake
Channel catfish first stocked in 2013.

Species: (CB YP WP S LMB WA)
Season: Open 6:00 a.m. 3rd Saturday April–October 31.

Change expected in 2014 (see Inland Regulations & Definitions): Season: Open year-round (no closed season).

Other: Use of internal combustion engines prohibited.

CORRECTION:

I researched this info and here is the information I was provided by the DEEP as of April 8, 2014:

"We do have a package of proposed regulation changes that include removing the closed season at Batterson Park Pond. However, this regulations proposal is approximately six months away from becoming effective (and is subject to changes as it moves through the regulations process – the next step will be a public hearing). So, for 2014, Batterson Park Pond is closed to fishing until 6 am on April 19th."
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which is the reason I posted the following statement from the Anglers Guide:

"Change expected in 2014 (see Inland Regulations & Definitions): Season: Open year-round (no closed season).
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say goodbye to the walleye and largemouth population, and pretty much whatever else swims in there once the next ice season comes around Sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because they propose batterson to be open all year doesn't necessarily mean that ice fishing will be allowed.There are springs there that cause the ice to be unsafe.It may exclude ice fishing when the time comes.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
Just because they propose batterson to be open all year doesn't necessarily mean that ice fishing will be allowed.There are springs there that cause the ice to be unsafe.It may exclude ice fishing when the time comes.

Batterson is primarily a runoff pond. The EPA did a nutrient load analysis on it back in 2004 ( http://www.epa.gov/waters/tmdldocs/battersonparkpondtmdl.pdf ). The report states, in part:
Quote:
Base flow from the watershed accounts for 12% of the total inflow to Batterson Park Pond. Storm flow provides 49% of the annual water input. The remainder of the water load is attributed to direct precipitation and ground water seepage. As a result of high stormwater and direct precipitation inputs, the detention time of Batterson Park Pond varies strongly in response to precipitation.

I suppose that "ground water seepage" could refer to springs, but I don't think that there are any significant ones.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
avidangler wrote:

Batterson is primarily a runoff pond. The EPA did a nutrient load analysis on it back in 2004 ( http://www.epa.gov/waters/tmdldocs/battersonparkpondtmdl.pdf ). The report states, in part:
Quote:
Base flow from the watershed accounts for 12% of the total inflow to Batterson Park Pond. Storm flow provides 49% of the annual water input. The remainder of the water load is attributed to direct precipitation and ground water seepage. As a result of high stormwater and direct precipitation inputs, the detention time of Batterson Park Pond varies strongly in response to precipitation.

I suppose that "ground water seepage" could refer to springs, but I don't think that there are any significant ones.

Maybe it is only "ground water seepage"I always hear people saying there are springs.Anyhow,once the ice melts and if the DEEP electrofishes the place.They will quickly discover wether or not it was a good idea or one that will no longer be in effect.I'm all for it.I'm pushing for the DEEP to change some regulations at another body of water as well.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Ten10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White perch. Got eh??
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten10 wrote:
White perch. Got eh??

Big schools. Come and get 'em. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: