CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Eagleville Lake in Coventry 4/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevius86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Eagleville Lake in Coventry 4/18 Reply with quote

Had a half day today so I went to Eagleville (open all year). It was cool and partly cloudy about 5pm. I walked down the train tracks to the first clearing. I worked a shallow running shad rap in a bluegill pattern. Jerk and pause, slow retrieve, nothing. Switched to a Texas rig senko in watermelon... nothing. Walked down to the next clearing and switched to a brown trout flat rap. First cast on a slow retrieve a perch took the lure within a few feet of the rocks. Decent sized fish about 10 inches or so. After that no action. Looking forward to fishing Eagleville again this year.
Stevius86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow perch seem to have something about hitting smaller minnow plugs in the color Brown Trout. I've caught many with the J-7, XR-6, and FLR-6 in that color.

A good way to use the FLR-6 this time of year is jerk and pause, like a suspending jerkbait. Nice thing about the Flat Rap is it's a slow riser vs the Original Floater and Shallow Shad Rap.
Ten10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pict. The perch and the railroad tracks as background. Boy that place can get noisey.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been a long winter - looking forward to eagleville this year - perhaps next thursday(may1st) inbox me if you wanna meet up!
Stevius86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the week is tough for me. I might go sunday, and next Friday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: