CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Shimano Sahara 1000FD Problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Shimano Sahara 1000FD Problem Reply with quote

I have a Shimano Sahara that is a couple years old. I keep the reel in great condition and it looks like new. When I reel the reel while holding it in my hand (when not fishing) the reel is as smooth as can be. However, when fishing with a lure such as a Rooster Tail the reel is very sluggish and almost hard to reel. As soon as there is any tension it becomes almost unbelievably hard to reel.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? I had someone check it out and they said they did not see a problem with it.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 3 Okumo reels do the same to me in a row.......never went back for a 4th and went with a Shimano symetre instead. The guy at the store had no clue, as, like you said, it would reel fine out of the water. Pissed me off I couldn't figure it out.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some spinning reels that started showing problems with the bail.

I'd test it off the rod and the bail flipped over fine without doing it manually. But when I'd put it back on the rod and fish with it, I'd have to do it manually.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Michael. Check your bail roller for any damage that might be catching on your line as you retrieve it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when I reel the roller does roll. I have watched to make sure it was moving. However, maybe something can be holding it up a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: