CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: DEAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: DEAD Reply with quote

Saturday afternoon I headed over to Twin Brooks Park. Conditions were partly to mostly cloudy with a light southerly flow. Temps were mild. NWS was calling for showers and thunderstorms later in the afternoon in the evening.

I arrived at Twin Brooks at 2pm and started at the spot I was hitting the yellows and trout last time I was there.

Lures I tried using included tennessee shad HJ-6, hot mustard muddler FLR-6, bleeding copper flash F-7, gold J-5, firetiger F-7, brown trout FLR-6, and silver shad JSR-4. Never got a single hit or follower as I tried many different retrieves.

Saw 2 guys fishing together throwing bigger spinners and soft plastics but 1 of them only got 1 hit on the soft plastic.

I kept moving on from spot to spot but never got any hits or followers. Saw a number of bass in 1 certain area but they were in the shallows where there was lots of brush. Couldn't get any to hit the HJ-6 and a 1/8 oz yellow black marabou.

Later I headed over to the funeral home but the bite wasn't on there either. The only thing that happened was smaller gills and a few bulls would hit a floating jighead rigged with a 1" Mister Twister Nymph depending on the retrieve, but they wouldn't take the hook.

By the time it was getting close to 5pm winds picked up and it got cooler out. Saw dark skies to the north and skies became mostly cloudy to overcast where I was, which meant get home before the rain arrives.

I had a felling that the heavy, torrential rains we had late last night had to do with the bite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: