CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Zoar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punz203

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Lake Zoar Reply with quote

Well Im finally going up north tomorrow morning a bit for some fine fishing. Any tips on this lake? I know they stock it with almost everything possible. Hoping to catch some serious game fish.
stripertime

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoar is a very tuff lake to fish lots of deep water over 75-80% of lake is 20+ft I was there this morning and got one pike and one catfish and lake zoar has not been stocked with any fish for the past 50 years except the last few years the dep started stocking Wally's
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trout swim down thru the rivers around there, maybe they did what they did with Lilli and put some small pike in but the only stocked I know of is the walleye like striper said. Probably not sizeable yet. In my opinion its the worst lake I've ever fished although I think catfishers have a different opinion on that Wink .

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember fishing that lake a few times years ago. If you like white perch you should catch plenty !

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've caught plenty of trout and bass out of zoar....some years are harder than others though. Lately, it hasn't been as productive as it used to be...for me at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: