CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Great Hollow Lake 5/4/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Great Hollow Lake 5/4/14 Reply with quote

Arrived at the parking lot, ate a quick Dunkin Donuts b-fast sandwich and launched Charles Demar (Native Manta Ray) at 7:45am.

The shore was already lined with many people, and there were 2 guys launching their canoe right when I got there.

There was a very steady breeze, which dissipated around 9:30, but increased around 10:15.

I trolled a suspending rapala jointed crankbait, and banged the shoreline with 5 inch senkos.

The guys in the canoe reported negative hits on their lines and I ultimately experienced the same.

I decided to moor the yak and fish from shore for a little while. I observed a few guys catching some decent size trout and bass.

Cigar for the trip- Perdomo
Michael

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you trolled with a Jointed Shad Rap.

1 certain color that has always been a killer is Silver Shad no matter where I fish with it.

Trolling the size 4 of that lure and color along the 4 to 8 foot drop offs close to shore has done very well for me from trout and perch to crappie and bass.

Casting the JSR-4 towards the shore where there's many trees and a drop off also produces well with that lure in smaller bodies of water and large coves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: