CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Aloha from Newtown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emerica8312

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Aloha from Newtown Reply with quote

Aloha all,

I recently moved to Newtown from the island of Oahu, Hawaii. I love fishing and hunting. Excited to learn about the species of fish this beautiful state has to offer!

Go Fish
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aloha from Newtown Reply with quote

emerica8312 wrote:
Aloha all,

I recently moved to Newtown from the island of Oahu, Hawaii. I love fishing and hunting. Excited to learn about the species of fish this beautiful state has to offer!

Go Fish

Aloha! Although you have my condolences on your recent misfortune. I mean, Newtown?!?! From Oahu?!?? You must be cursed. Wink

I'll be on a billfish charter out of Kona in a couple of weeks on the Topshape ( http://www.topshapekona.com ). I understand that trolling for marlin can be uneventful and even a little boring. Do you have any advice regarding how I could make my charter enjoyable, even if we don't hook up with anything? Have you ever had kava on a boat? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brought you to CT instead of staying in beautiful Hawaii?
emerica8312

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo,

I have a wonderful family that kept asking me to come be with them (I resisted for 6 years).

If you want to make your marlin fishing experience unique and exciting try hand lining them from an outrigger like the old timers Wink. I've never hooked into a marlin, my friends and I on island mostly went spearfishing for ulua and mahimahi. and small reef fish (manini, red snapper)

I would say that no matter if you hook into a fish or not, just being on the pacific on a beautiful boat, drinking kava and cold beer... i cannot see how you could have a bad time!! Smile Enjoy being makai (ocean side) its a beautiful

forgive me for my lack of knowledge of english terms for fish in hawaii we use hawaiian or japanese names interchangabley for most fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: