CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Smallmouth South of Hartford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Smallmouth South of Hartford Reply with quote

All,

I know the smallmouth fishing is strong North of Hartford on the CT river but I'm curious if there is good smallmouth fishing to be had in Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Glastonbury, Portland, Middletown and or Haddam sections of the river.

I don't recall reading any of the fishing reports from Keeney, White Oak, Wethersfield or Salmon River coves describing much in the way of smallmouth catches.

Just curious. Thanks.

-Eric
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Smallmouth South of Hartford Reply with quote

imsafanct wrote:
All,

I know the smallmouth fishing is strong North of Hartford on the CT river but I'm curious if there is good smallmouth fishing to be had in Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Glastonbury, Portland, Middletown and or Haddam sections of the river.

I don't recall reading any of the fishing reports from Keeney, White Oak, Wethersfield or Salmon River coves describing much in the way of smallmouth catches.

Just curious. Thanks.

-Eric

I think that all of the recent flooding has been keeping everyone off of the river.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Ya this year not-withstanding. I'm just curious about smallmouth fishing in recent years past. Have folks had success South of Hartford or is it not really worth targeting smallies near my section of the river (Glastonbury).

I drive the RT. 3 bridge twice a day hoping to see the road in Keeney Cove. Nothing yet Sad

-Eric
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haddam Meadows is known for good small mouth, as well as largies and pike. Good facilities there as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: