CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Found the Pattern....New Personal Best 5/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Found the Pattern....New Personal Best 5/7 Reply with quote

After catching only 1 trout on the Pequonnock, I headed up to Twin Brooks Park. Arrived around 3:15pm.

First spot I fished at was where I was getting into those yellows and trout with the HJ-6 a week or so ago. Lures I played with included tennessee shad HJ-6, gold XR-6, yellow perch XRSH-6, hot mustard muddler FLR-6, bleeding copper flash F-7, gold J-5, brown trout J-7, silver shad JSR-4, firetiger F-7, and brown trout FLR-6.

Started with the HJ-6 and tried different retrieves but nada. Next was the bleeding copper flash F-7 which resulted in an 11" 8 ounce yellow and a dinky yellow. Also had a school of yellows follow it in and had a trout hit it.

Once I saw how well I was already doing with the F-7 I decided to play around with other lures and colors to see if there was a certain pattern. 2 other lures that showed interest were the brown trout FLR-6 and gold J-5. Caught a dinky yellow with the FLR-6 and had a trout hit the J-5.

I switched back over to the F-7 but had no more hits or followers so moved on.

Next stop produced a humpback jumbo measuring 13.5" x 9" weighing 14 ounces, which is a new personal best yellow perch. That also came on the bleeding copper flash F-7. When I was fighting it I though I had a nice rainbow or a 2 or 3 pound largemouth on. Caught another dink there too with the same F-7.

Finally I started to become confident in just the bleeding copper flash F-7 and decided to hit a number of spots that would usually produce yellow perch. Give it that 5 to 10 casts in different directions and if I don't get any hits or followers or land anything than just move on.

2 other stops resulted in 2 more dinky yellows and 1 more trout hit.

By the time it was after 7pm I hit a few spots at the larger pond to see if any bass, pickerel, and crappie were in the mood for some evening topwater. Landed an 11" 12 ounce slab by using that same F-7 as a topwater. Got to see the fish come right out of the water like a dolphin would next to the boat. Thought I had one of those chunky 14" 2 pound largemouths on.

Hit the road around 7:50pm.

11" 8 ounce yellow perch on bleeding copper flash F-7

New personal best 13.5" x 9" 14 ounce yellow perch on bleeding copper flash F-7
chud059

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Perch Micheal, yellow perch put up a decent fight... I use mostly 6lb mono so most fish fight pretty good with that set up.. but I'm not catching anything in the Manchester area, all your reports from the B-port area make me wonder if I should make a trip down there one time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: