CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Slow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Slow Reply with quote

Thursday after getting home from fishing the Housy I headed out to Twin Brooks Park hoping to get into those yellows, trout, and crappie and also bringing 2 topwaters with me to see if any bass were ready for it due to the conditions.

Once I got to Twin Brooks I hit the same spots that produced and showed action Wednesday. Other than the bleeding copper flash F-7, a few other lures I tested were gold florescent red F-7, perch F-7, brown trout FLR-6, gold J-5, and chrome FLR-6. The 3 that showed interest were the 2 F-7 and the J-5, but decided to stick with the bleeding copper flash F-7.

I had 2 hits at the first stop, with 1 feeling like a trout.

Later I caught an 11" brookie and dinky yellow with the bleeding copper flash F-7 and had a few followers all at 1 spot.

Once it was after 7pm I went to the larger pond and played with the bleeding copper flash F-7 as topwater and crankbait but only had 1 yellow follow with no bass or crappie interested on the surface.

Last stop was a productive topwater spot. Seeing the conditions outside were haze, overcast, humid, cool, and light southeast winds, I decided to throw a Jitterbug and Baby Torpedo but never had any attention.

Hit the road around 8pm.

The pattern Thursday vs Wednesday seemed to be yellows more active with the increasing clouds, dry air, southwest flow, and warm mild temps while trout showed more interest with the overcast skies, cool March-like temps, humid air, and light southeast flow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: