CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Migrating stripers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Migrating stripers Reply with quote

All,

The fishing reports I've read over the past few days seem to give conflicting reports as to how far the larger, migrating stripers have progressed up the Connecticut River.

The On The Water report indicates that they are already above Hartford, whereas today's CT DEEP report indicates that only schoolie sized bass are halfway up the river.

Does anyone have any further info.? I want to go this weekend. Thanks.

-Eric
striperswiper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go out and make your own reports..... Don't ever pass on a chance to get out fishing because of fishing reports.
imsafanct

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm going alright! I may get out 3 different times this weekend. I have to work tomorrow in Hartford from 8am-12pm. The way I figure it, I can certainly find a shore spot somewhere early tomorrow morning, on my way into work, to hit for a couple hours. After work, Bill and I will either try Wethersfield Cove or Salmon River Cove in his boat, if the launches are accessible. And if I'm really lucky, and my other buddy has his Tracker ready to go, I'll be back on the river very early Sunday morning for a few hours. After that, I'll be doing Mother's Day stuff.

-Eric
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what OTW report you are talking about,...but the striper migration map that they publish every week (see them on Facebook) shows that only schoolies are anywhere near the CTR right now,....
I do believe that the larger holdover (keeper sized) fish are following the herring and are now way up the river and tributaries,...but we just have not seen the main migration show up yet in the CTR.
Just my $.02
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: