CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Pequonnock River 05/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cd662

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Pequonnock River 05/10 Reply with quote

I fished part of the Pequonnock tonight around dusk. Water had a moderate flow, and this stretch of river had one slow running area immediately after a waterfall, and another pool that was cut into the opposite bank. I fished unweighted worms, occassionally jigging the bait. Other times I just let it ride the current. Fishing picked up in that magical window right near dusk and I managed two stockies, which were pretty small but those are the perfect frying size so no complaints! Had a few other hits I missed, the fish were a bit skittish. Trout in particular always seem to "hit and run" when they've been fished at a lot.

Unrelated, it drives me nuts when people leave their plastic crap all over the place. This one stretch of river was near a few houses. Does it really take that much effort to take a few meal worm or nightcrawler canisters with you? And lest people start picking on the bait fishermen, it's lure guys too. I see empty lure packages strewn about pretty regularly.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it. Pisses me off. My schools fishing club cleaned up a few rivers before opening one day and about a week or two later after opening they're just like they were if not even worse. The worst is the damn line they cut right from the tip of their pole so it hangs across the river.. Why can't you just pull on your line til it snaps? Or when they leave their huge birds nest on the ground next to the river for other people to trip up in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: