CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 5/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 5/10 Reply with quote

Arrived at Twin Brooks around 2pm and stuck with the lure that has been doing it, which is the bleeding copper flash F-7. Brought my 5'6" setup as usual.

As I moved around not much was happening except for a few hits.

Later is when my mom texted me telling me there was a severe thunderstorm warning, which is when I felt that cooler wind pick up, skies got gray, and heard some thunder. Took cover under the gazebo until the rain stopped.

I hit the same spots again and caught a total of 2 dinky yellows and a 7" yellow.

Once it was getting closer to 7pm I decided to hit the larger pond before heading down to Beardsley. On one of the last casts, I get a nice slam that easily set the hook. Landed a nice 14" rainbow just over a pound.

No more hits after that so I headed down to Beardsley to see if any trout were in for the lure but nada.

Brought the rainbow home, filleted it, and baked it in the oven. Rainbow trout is a delicious fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: