CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: TMA 4/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: TMA 4/13 Reply with quote

Hit the local TMA Sunday afternoon starting around 2:30pm and fished til 7:45pm.

Played around with a number of lures and 3 that had trout hitting were the helsinki shad HJ-8, 3 1/8" gold copper Pins Minnow, and custom painted threadfin shad F-7. 1 other lure I had a number of followers on was a custom tied yellow/violet streamer jig rigged with a black Mister Twister Twister Mite.

Total was 7 rainbows up to a chunky 2 pounder, 1 brown, and 3 brookies. The brown was caught with the jig while most of the rainbows hit pink salmon eggs.

The fight of the day was the 2 pound rainbow and the show of the day was an 11" rainbow that did a 3 footer!

Saw a fisherman land one of the bigger German browns the state put in. His buddy had to quickly net the fish, otherwise the fisherman would have gotten spooled.

Nothing showed interest in a silver blade #1 Mepps Dressed Aglia and a 1/8 oz brown trout Panther Martin.

Doing a steady retrieve with the rod tip down while using the F-7 had many fish chasing from behind. The slashbait action with the YoZuri that had pickerel going nuts at Mondo was what the trout were interested in with that lure. Jerk and pause retrieves that I've been doing at Mondo with the Husky Jerks is what had trout going with the HJ-8.

Color has been the big factor.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it is possible to get spooled by a fish in a 40' long pool, but you never know...

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: