CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ball Pond 5/12/14 5/13/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emerica8312

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Ball Pond 5/12/14 5/13/14 Reply with quote

Went out to ball pond both yesterday and today. Gusty winds. Beautiful days. Got in the water about 2pm on Monday. Saw a lot very large carp to the left of the boat launch in the lily flats. Hooked into a small bass using a rapala scatter rap crank shallow 05.

Moved down the east shore in my canoe and hit a few brushpiles. Got into a few promising hits with a standin yabbie50 which eventually led to landing a 1-1.5 pound bass. I kept fishing that spot but switched to a texas rigged 4" yamasenko goby. I hooked into what felt like a very nice sized fish. I honestly thought I was snagged for the first 5 seconds until the thing started pulling drag tossed the hook though and didn't get a decent look at it.

Fished all day today (may 13th) with the same teas rig (varying between goby/baby bass/pumpkin w/ blkngren) and got a lot of really strong hits and even a few fish on but nothing landed. I'm still learning how to effectively fish with the texas rig.

All in all two nice days at Ball Pond. The fish are for sure biting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: