CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Most recent outings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Most recent outings Reply with quote

On Sunday I decided to hit crystal lake in middletown and silver lake in Berlin. Crystal lake was very productive for me and ended up with about 10 bass and 10 pickerel in about 4 hours. Launched at the boat ramp and paddled out to the small island in the middle of the pond. I landed a small bass and then got broken off by another one that wasn't very big I think my line was frayed from a pickerel I caught off a log just prior. Kept cruising along the shoreline with the overlaying brush and caught another small bass. I then came around the corner and tied on a zoom horny toad I had a few hits but couldn't get any takers. I pitched a 5 " pumpkin seed yamasenko under a branch and landed a decent 2 pounder. I kept cruising the weedy cove and casting the horny toad ended bagging a few shorts on it but nothing serious. I then headed down the shoreline with a few docks on it not much doing. I then paddled over to the area with the rock ledges and caught some good numbers of bass including the big one of the day at about 3.5 lbs. I also mixed in a couple pickerel along the way. I then just kept along and casting a buzz bait and caught a bunch more pickerel before packing up. Most of the bass came on a 7"Texas rigged Berkeley power bait worm, a 5" pumpkinseed yamasenko, or the zoom green pumpkin horny toad.

At silver lake in Berlin I didn't catch much just a few bass and a few more pickerel. All the bass were up relatively shallow and the pickerel were hitting the buzz bait again. Th bass were taken on the same color and sized yamasenko.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun time!

Any size to the pick?
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest pick might have been 14" or so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: