CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Squantz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Squantz Reply with quote

Got there at 10 and a few people coming off said they saw Nada. So trolled uuphe west shoreline and found massive bait balls that I took a picture of on my phone. Every time I'd go over one I'd get hit but only managed 3 brown trout around 16" and my dad got two. Wind was whipping and took a lot of water over my kayaks bow so called it quits at 3 ish. Good day, would've been a lot better if I didn't have to paddle against the wind all the way up the lake then back down but good to get out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I helped with a tourney outa Danbury Park today! That wind was howling! God bless ya on a kayak!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Any reports of any walleye? Reply with quote

Haven't heard much of anything coming from Squantz about any Walleye. Heard a couple of 16 inchers thats all.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a FB post from the deep. Some guy got what looked like a 20-24"er . Sad part was he had it on the stringer in the pic. If the weather didn't look so crappy online I'd head over there and night fish but why mess around, I'll just wait til its nice out.

Just saying nows the time if you're trying to get them. Alewives hopping like crazy. I bet they would jump in the boat there's so many. Maybe try a wife or minnow??

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of alewives, I know its "fish crack" but they are a pain, between them dying, you can't troll them, they are expensive. Just got to find a better way to live line them I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: