CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: ***Ball Pond, Snapping Turtle, East Lake, 6lb Brown Trout***
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: ***Ball Pond, Snapping Turtle, East Lake, 6lb Brown Trout*** Reply with quote

Gear Used: 7 foot Med Heavy St Croix Crank Bait Rod w/ Quantum Smoke Baitcaster..... Big Fat Deep Diving Crank Baits. Old town angler 10 kayak.

Ball Pond: Caught a 7 pound bass 15 feet from shore on the right side of the lake from the boat launch in about 10 - 15 feet of water. Phone died so I couldn't snap a photo...SOAB! Good news is I let it go. So hopefully someone else can catch a bass that size.. personal record for me. I released a snapper that I rescued *had him since he was a hatchling*. Fishing has been great for me here. I've noticed that the day after a rainstorm ball pond shuts down, I think it might be the change in the water temperature but I can't say for sure.

Squantz: I've been catching allot of nice small mouth bass running the crank baits slowly around big boulders off shore. Squantz is always a real challenge for me for some reason. I either catch a few fish or absolutely nothing.

East Lake: The bigger bass in the photo grouping I actually caught at East Lake! Biggest bass I've ever caught there. I let it go! Looks like it is at least 5 pounds. Didn't get to weigh it. I've been catching Crappie, LMB, SMB at this location. I walk on the rocks.. I don't fish in the over pressured areas in the woods...it's a good idea. People are lazy and they don't like to walk anywhere. Put the work in and reap the rewards. Watch out for snakes I've seen copperheads here. *** The weeds are starting to grow like crazy so bring the rubber worms out..anything you can punch through the weeds with.

Thanks for reading

~ Dave

[/url]
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic of the snake doesn't look like a copperhead. Looks more like a black racer or northern water.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watersnake.
Who's the lady?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool that you spent the time raising that snapping turtle and releasing him. Congrats on the fish too!
CTDavidLamson

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - Yes, I knew it was a water snake.. the copperheads I've never snapped a picture of. That snake in the photo I actually found in the middle of winter and it wasn't at east lake.

Crest daddy - That's my lovely grandmother! with my fishing hat on Laughing

Jeff - Yes! I would have let him go sooner but I was afraid he wouldn't hibernate and acclimate to the cold. These turtles make great pets if you handle them on a daily basis. They can survive in very harsh conditions and they will eat basically anything you put in front of them. I fed him worms, crayfish, chicken, crab meat, pellets, steak, super-worms. Never bit me either.

Thank you guys for posting. Lets get out there and break some records this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: