CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Ct River Smallmouth in Enfield Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostDuck

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to fish out of Kings Island. Is there any map that shows the channel in that area?

My boat only draws 8"-12" but it is fiberglass and dont want to hit too many rocks Smile.

Thanks,
anointed130

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight I guess I could have used gps on lowrance electronics but wasn't thinking

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
So I was able to put my boat into kings island launch, but it was a terrible waste of time, current was moving super fast and it was very difficult to find the channel.

I almost got stopped when putting my boat in because my emergency shut off clip came off of my outboard at the boat ramp. So I am floating until I notice why I can't start my engine, I use the trolling motor to get back closer to the boat ramp( which isn't easy on a current). I find the emergency clip in about a foot of water. I was only there for about an hour after getting tired of fighting the current and hitting my outboard on rocks.

Anointed, I fish there in my kayak quite often and learned river in that area from my neighbors. The current is strong near the launch as it is shallow. If you go up river from the launch you will see that there is a lot less current. The channel is about 200 feet from the launch. If you check the USGS web site and the flow is less than 21,000 CFS then you should be good to go. The smallies are more abundant on the Suffield side north from the launch however if you are in a boat with a motor be care because it's get rocky over there as well.

Also make sure you stay away from the Suffield side of and the head of Kings Island as it get shallow and the current is fast. The Enfield side of the Island is much better as far as current goes, but fishing is better on the Suffield of the Island. Hope this helps.
Lforner01

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Parsons landing in Enfield this morning. Was hoping to put my kayak in. But the current was too strong. I started throwing 4 inch grubs off the break at the end of the ramp. Call three nice smallies, one and a half to 2 pounds. One Boater came back during that time, said the river was really muddy and full of "crap".He was looking for anything. Got nothing unfortunately. Maybe next week the river will be calmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: