CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Boating access/regulations in ponds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexF

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Boating access/regulations in ponds Reply with quote

Perhaps someone in southwest ct can help me out. I know canoes and kayaks are allowed in many local ponds near me, but my canoe has an electric trolling motor and I do not wish to paddle. Some of these ponds are nells rock reservoir and pine lake in shelton, great hollow lake in monroe, and the lower naugatuck river. I'm sure theres more in the are more in the area, but if anyone knows about these places please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by looking for the lake or pond in the 2014 Connecticut Boater's Guide:

http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/boating/boating_guide/boaterguide.pdf

If it does not appear in the guide, then figuring out the rules and regulations becomes much more difficult. Many are governed by the ordinances of the town in which they're located. Others are governed by private owners, including utilities like water companies. It can be very difficult to track down. Asking on CTFishTalk like you did is also a good option.

When I'm uncertain about a particular body of water, I ALWAYS look carefully for any signs before putting my boat into the water. There are so many great places to boat and fish that it's not worth doing it where it's prohibited. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small electric trolling motors are allowed at Great Hollow. I'm not sure about Pine Lake but paddling only at Nell's Rock.
AlexF

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: