CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: I'm so lost and need help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay B

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: I'm so lost and need help Reply with quote

Been trying to learn Bantam Lake and feel completely lost. I ran into a couple of good fish a few trips back, but since than, nothing. Feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. Can anyone out there help? It didn't take me long to figure out highland lake, but nothing is going right for me on bantam. Hell, I heard pike fishing there is great and I haven't even got a sniff from them. Any help would be more than appreicated
Sorts

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had luck in Killbourne cove on the north side of the lake. My friend pulled a decent pike out of there last year with a 5 inch senko.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: I'm so lost and need help Reply with quote

Big spinnerbaits are good for northern pike at Bantam, but, yes, they'll hit a five inch Senko or a big jointed hard swimbait or dead fish floated underneath a big bobber or a crankbait. Wink They're in there, but "where" seems to change every time I go. Laughing

Keep trying. You'll be right, soon. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want bass use hair jigs and fish docks and outside weed lines
atkins

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy,
Ive never fished Bantam, but ive only heard good things. Dont get frustrated, catching nothing happens.
Have you tried wacky rigging, ive never found a better go to set up then that.
Also the bass are starting to spawn, have spawned, or are going to soon. Fishing sucks then, unless you're competent at bed fishing, im not. But from what I've heard its strictly sight fishing and acting quick. Bass won't feed during the spawn, they'll just mouth your bait and move it off the bed. If they're spawning try bright colored lures you can see so you can set the hook when they mouth it. Pretty much useless if your not able to stand in your boat. People get really touchy feely about bed fishing, but theres a reason there's no closed bass season in ct.
The spawn will end soon and things will get back to normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: