CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Charter Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Porgy Fishing on the Blackhawk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Porgy Fishing on the Blackhawk Reply with quote

Wow! It looks like I am the first post on this new section.

After numerous futile attempts to hook up with keeper bass from shore, I decided to go out on the Blackhawk for one of their porgy trips. It was my first time fishing for porgies.

The boat crossed over to Long Island, past Gardiners and Shelter Islands, all the way into the Peconic Bay. We anchored on top of a pretty good patch of fish. Everyone caught quite a few and some hit their creel limit, including me. A few bluefish were brought up, as well.

The new boat is fast and considerably larger than the old one.

The weather sucked - steady rain, heavy at times. The winds cooperated and the water was like glass. All in all a good day. Now, back to stripers. Very Happy
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who was captain? seems like when Greg is not onboard things go downhill fairly quickly.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg was Captain. I've never been on that boat with a different captain. I usually go on the specialty trips, though, which I think he takes special interest in.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anointed, you are definitely right. The last time I took a trip out on the Black Hawk was the first time that I have seen such poor fishing. It was also the only time that I have been out where Greg wasn't the captain. It was kind of frustrating when we were making the same drift and coming up empty handed every time. I understand its called fishing and not catching but I read reports from the day before and the day after that the customers were limiting out on bluefish as Greg was the captain.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next time I go, if greg is not the captain, i will get my $$ and go across the bridge to mijoy. Very Happy

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!
I was wondering how the new boat is. I have a mystery $$ off coupon from when they had their customer appreciation party that expires at the end of June. Perhaps a bunch of us could meet? It'd have to be a weekend though for me, got that "have to go to work" thing during the week. Rolling Eyes

John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Charter Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: