CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow Kayak /Canoe Tourney May 18 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people got skunked and the wind was pretty harsh, but it was nice to meet some new folks and enjoy the sunshine. Huge thanks to Mase2020 for putting this together! Really looking forward to the next tournament...or even a kayak fishing meet up one weekend.

Like glass at 6:45am!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always enjoyed seeing other kayaks, how they were outfitted for fishing, and listening to the different experiences they had with kayak fishing. Met many participants from previous CT Kayak Fishing Club get-together/tourneys and some new.

When I arrived at 6am, it was beautiful - Air temps was about upper 50's, partly cloudy. Water was calm almost glass-like. Weather forecast called for highs in the upper 70's and winds up to 10 mph. This sounded like a perfect day to do some kayak fishing. After a couple of hours. aside from the sustained, 20 mph winds with gusts doubling that - I think the weatherman was spot on! By 1:30pm white caps can be seen all over the place.

From the planning and organizing to the supplies, food, and the cooking - I caught a glimpse of how much work Alan put in to get this going. I wanted to thank you again for your time and efforts to put this together.

I don't have final results paper, so Alan would have to address that. Oh, and he took pictures too!

When's the next one? i'd help to lessen the load.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJay,
Speaking of kayak rigging, do you like your new ultimate fx12?

the thing looks pretty sweet on their website, and I am thinking I may get the tandem once my 3 year old son starts fishing
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so here it is. I want to thank everyone for coming we had a total of 15 and not the 23 as expected, but still good anyways. Thanks to the people who gave me a heads up as well that they would not be there. A big THANKS to Jason for his help with clean up and the weigh in, it made it a lot easier for me.

Well as usually the HOLLOW was tough to fish, the water lever was up from the recent rain and the wind kicked up and as Jason said there were whitecaps on the northern part of the lake. The southern part was not bad to the the break of the woods but still hard to stay on a point.

In total 27 bass were caught, 14 picks, 8 sun, and 9 perch
The lunker was 16" by Doug G
Total winner was 50" by Mike Sorito (Sorts) he and Doug were the only ones who caught their limit, no one had to cull

Standings:
Mike S. 50'
Doug 47
Justin L 36
Anthony 28
Joe B 23
Jason M 18
Alan 11
Matt 9
Sean 8
the rest were zero or had fish that did not measure to their board's minimum.

Had a great time here are some pics:

[/URL]

[URL=http://s637.photobucket.com/user/mase2020/media/mansfieldfishingtourney004.jpg.html]

JJay

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
JJay,
Speaking of kayak rigging, do you like your new ultimate fx12?

the thing looks pretty sweet on their website, and I am thinking I may get the tandem once my 3 year old son starts fishing

Yes, It fits my needs. I would definitely test try any kayak before committing.
Sorts

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting these tournaments together Alan. I look forward to the next tournament or gathering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: