CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass Combos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdiggy wrote:
^Wannafish, I was using the double uni to attach my FC leader to braid as well, but then found the Alberto knot. Look it up. Easier to tie, just as strong and smaller in diameter to pass through the eyes easier for that occassional "reel it in to far" moment, lol....

With the new micro eyes I'm gonna have to investigate that one. The double uni at night or on a windy day can be a pain.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's more about the structure and whatnot Phil. The FC stands up to rocks and trees much better than the braid. Braid is tough as nails until it hits one stupid sharp object. The FC is more forgiving in that department, so I keep going with it. Love casting in the thick stuff!! Cool
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
bdiggy wrote:
^Wannafish, I was using the double uni to attach my FC leader to braid as well, but then found the Alberto knot. Look it up. Easier to tie, just as strong and smaller in diameter to pass through the eyes easier for that occassional "reel it in to far" moment, lol....

With the new micro eyes I'm gonna have to investigate that one. The double uni at night or on a windy day can be a pain.

Tried the Alberto Knot and can't get it to hold with Braid and Flouro. I'l keep practicing. I watched a bunch of videos but still can't get it. I think the Power Pro may be a little to slippery.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange.....I also use Powerpro on my setups. You're looping the FC and running the braid through for the 14 loops, right? Caught me a 5lb LM and a number of pike and pickerel so far this season with no slip in the knot. IDK....
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdiggy wrote:
Strange.....I also use Powerpro on my setups. You're looping the FC and running the braid through for the 14 loops, right? Caught me a 5lb LM and a number of pike and pickerel so far this season with no slip in the knot. IDK....

That's what I think I'm doing. I'll keep trying. When the knots tied I can pull it apart by hand. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the example that has worked best for me. My Cabela's Mag touch rod also has the micro guides and this has no issue passing through, even with 30lb braid and 35lb flouro. Make sure you leave a little excess on both lines so when you pull tight the end of the line doesn't pull through. Once you get this one down, it's easy to tie and remember, and as far as i'm concerned, is just as good or even better than the double uni.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: